3 1 2
Inspections by appointment only - Contact Agent
Like a warm embrace, it's going to be hard to resist this beautifully presented 1950's cottage that blends its mid-century persona with an incredibly inviting ambience on a low maintenance 336sqm corner block. What was once the three-bedroom home's front verandah is now two separate carpeted rooms that can be configured in several ways – a home office and additional bedroom, extra living space and toy room – whatever your family's needs are. Modern updates to the kitchen and bathroom allow you to move straight in, while VJ panelling, wall strapping, hip rails and timber floors add eye-catching charm. Considerable attention has been paid to the edible garden featuring raised vegetable beds, an olive tree, passionfruit vine and a chicken run. Softly elevated Fifth Street delivers a light and airy atmosphere to this property, while the location is a winner for families young and old. It's a 10-minute stroll to Elder Street's shops and cafes, and your choice of parkland at Lambton and Jesmond. John Hunter Hospital and the University of Newcastle are also close by and it's an easy commute into the city and beaches.
- North facing home on 336sqm block with access from George Street into parking
- Home office and extra living space on entry before flowing into an open plan layout
- Split system air-conditioning provides climate control
- Two of the three bedrooms are fitted with built-in robes and ceiling fans
- Modern kitchen with electric hob and oven overlooks dining area
- Renovated bathroom with large shower
- Wrap-around gardens secured by a picket fence offer a safe play area for children and pets
- 1200m stroll to Jesmond Public school and Callaghan College
- Land rates are approximately $1300 per year
- Water rates are approximately $670 per year
Disclaimer: We have obtained all information in this document from sources we believe to be reliable; however, we cannot guarantee its accuracy. Prospective purchasers are advised to carry out their own investigations.