5 2 2
Exuding a charisma you just don't get from modern homes, Kiandra, c.1880 will steal your heart. Built by the Anglican Church as the rectory for St Andrews, this outstanding Victorian property underwent a sympathetic restoration completed in 2016.
The home features 5-bedroom + study accommodation with impressive formal lounge and dining rooms off an original return verandah. Undoubtedly the most heart-warming room in the house, the lounge room is a showpiece of size and elegance with a coloured glass bay window, open fireplace and a spectacular plaster ceiling. Referred to as the ballroom, it's believed a previous owner of the home held dances for the local community in this grand space.
Sumptuous architectural details indicative of the period includes soaring 3.5m cedar lined ceilings, kauri pine floors, six fireplaces, picture rails and an amazing 13.4m long hallway featuring three corbelled archways.
Tasteful modern updates add comfort and convenience including a timber kitchen with 2100mm range, two bathrooms, air-conditioning to three of the bedrooms and the lounge room, two separate solar electricity systems and electrical and sewage upgrades.
The historic suburb of Mayfield is being rediscovered as a number of businesses and cafes move into the area. There are three major supermarkets on Maitland Road and good transport into and out of the city make Mayfield accessible including nearby Waratah train station and bus routes to the University and John Hunter Hospital.
- Grand single storey home elevated and private up from the street on 756sqm
- Insulated by one foot thick internal and external English bond brick walls and thick cedar panelled ceilings throughout; new roof insulation
- Beautiful original leadlight front door and ornate fireplaces
- Long gated driveway to single garage
- Split system a/c to three of the five bedrooms; versatile study
- Family bathroom with shower over clawfoot bath; second bathroom/laundry
- Timber kitchen with 1200m range and rangehood, dishwasher and butler's sink
- 8kw solar electricity panels allow you to tread lightly on the environment
- Council rates are approximately $2200 per year
- Water rates are approximately $805 per year
Disclaimer: We have obtained all information in this document from sources we believe to be reliable; however, we cannot guarantee its accuracy. Prospective purchasers are advised to carry out their own investigations.