Positioned in one of Mayfield's best streets and pretty much untouched by time, this 3-bedroom home is the one that might just get your foot on the property ladder. Retaining plenty of original character with its ornamental fireplace in the dining room and picture rails and ceiling strapping in one of the bedrooms, it's easy to see what added value contemporary updates will bring. Positioned on a low maintenance 305sqm block, there's also an opportunity to extract maximum value from the land and add a garage or carport off the rear lane (STCA). Tree-lined Barton Street offers exceptional convenience with buses at the door, Hunter Christian School at one end of the street and Mayfield's shops and amenities at the other. It's also less than 10 minutes' drive to the University of Newcastle, city and beaches.
- Decked front verandah to welcome you inside
- Air-conditioned lounge room and separate dining with period fireplace
- Two of the three bedrooms are fitted with built-in robes
- Gas-fitted kitchen and shower bathroom with separate w/c are ripe for renovation
- Low maintenance backyard with rear lane access and potential for parking (STCA)
- 47 bus stop in street for travel between Marketown, the university and Jesmond
- 800m stroll to Mayfield West Public school; 2km to Callaghan College Waratah
- 600m to Mayfield's shops and cafes on Maitland Road
Disclaimer: We have obtained all information in this document from sources we believe to be reliable; however, we cannot guarantee its accuracy. Prospective purchasers are advised to carry out their own investigations.