3 1 2
Combining exquisite period features with a corner block on closed-off Dumaresq Street where kids play with a sense of freedom, 'Elle' c.1939 is a three-bedroom, one-bathroom Art Deco beauty. Every room features a unique ornate plaster ceiling, while timber floors, dark wooden plate ledges and a pair of leadlight French doors add a refined sense of elegance. Established trees in the native garden bring plenty of birdlife and offer shade in summer while the back porch is sun-drenched on winter mornings, and shady in summer making it a relaxing spot for a cuppa. Everyone will gather in the family room in winter where the open fire keeps the whole house toasty. Elle has been a happy family home for many years and is a great place to raise children. There is scope for you to add your own modern touches or to simply live in and enjoy the benefits all this suburb has to offer. Cafe precincts such as Beaumont Street, Marketown, The Junction and Darby Street are all a walk, cycle or short drive away. Wander up nearby Parkway Avenue straight to beautiful Bar Beach. The Newcastle Interchange, light rail and harbour are also at your fingertips, as well as parks and highly sought-after schools.
- 544sqm corner block with single garage and carport accessed via Dumaresq Street
- Two separate living areas separated by 2 sets of beautiful leadlight French doors and warmed by an open fire in winter
- Sky-lit kitchen and meals area with gas cooktop and stainless-steel dishwasher
- Family bathroom with shower over bath, external laundry off back porch with handy second w/c
- Established native garden, small veggie patch and magnificent mango tree
- National Park at the end of the block is a fantastic place to walk the dogs or ride bikes with the kids
- Riding distance to Bar beach with sea breezes in summer. You can often hear the surf at night
- Newcastle High at the end of the block and 500m to Hamilton South Public school
Disclaimer: We have obtained all information in this document from sources we believe to be reliable; however, we cannot guarantee its accuracy. Prospective purchasers are advised to carry out their own investigations.